Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Morning Meeting

I have been thinking a lot about how Morning Meeting will look in my 2/3 classroom this year.  I will be using Investigations for math, so I am planning to do the Classroom Routines and Ten-Minute Math activities during this time, but I also want to build our classroom community and provide opportunities for the kids to share their thoughts and ideas.  As I was searching YouTube and The Teaching Channel,  I found this great video by Madeline Noonan.  I love how she uses Morning Meeting to set a positive tone for the day.  All of her students are engaged and they are given opportunities to lead the discussions and activities.  You can tell that she strives to create an environment where her students feel safe and free to express their feelings and ideas. Take a look and let me know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment