Friday, April 4, 2014

Where Will You Be in 2023?


Our School Counselor, Mrs. Heavner meets with our students each month for guidance lessons. We are fortunate to have her on our Tryon Team. She is always there to provide support and encouragement to our students and staff. We love her and we appreciate all she does.  This month when my class met with her they discussed the goals and plans that each student has for the future. Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss is the perfect book for this! She helped them realize that they all are capable of doing whatever they choose to do with their life. 

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
                                         That is one of my favorite quotes from Dr. Seuss!            

Original 1967 Mrs Beasley Pull String Talk by Mattel
Displaying photo.JPGI love what I do. I knew when I was in first grade that I would be a teacher someday. Each day after school I would sit my dolls and stuffed animals all around my room and teach them all that I had learned that day. I still remember reading my favorite book "Little Mommy" to Ms. Beasley after my Mom read it to me. I am so thankful that my parents and teachers stressed the importance of setting goals and working to reach them. That is exactly what we are doing for our children here at Tryon. Our goal is that they reach their full potential and become valuable    members of society in future years. The same week Mrs. Heavner met with my class,  we also had been discussing our goals for the present and future in class! Each of the students created a poster to tell about their plans for High School and College. I have included photos below! 

                  


















                                                         "You're off to great places!
                                                                     Today is your day!   
                                                                 Your mountain is waiting!
                                                                   So...get on your way!"   

     ~Oh, The Places You'll Go! By Dr. Seuss
                                                                          


No comments:

Post a Comment