Tuesday, January 27, 2015

GCS Pinnacle Smackdown!

This is my third year as a technology Pinnacle Leader for my school. This position has given me so many great opportunities. At a recent PLC meeting we had a Pinnacle Smackdown. A Smackdown is where teachers can share their favorite technology tools, apps, web sites, or teaching ideas in 90 seconds or less. If you ever have the opportunity to attend one, GO! I heard about so many awesome tech tips, and I am looking forward to trying them out in my classroom ASAP! I actually used one of the apps with my students today, and it's called ChatterPix. In writer's workshop we are in the process of publishing our nonfiction books. My students have chosen many different topics to write about and most of them are animals. I decided that ChatterPix would be a cool way to bring their writing to life. This app allows you to take a photo of an object, draw a mouth on the photo, and then record your voice to make the object talk. The kids loved it! After they created their 
ChatterPix movie, they emailed them to me and now I am going to share them with you! We have quite a few that aren't finished, so keep checking back to see their work. Thank you for sharing this app with us Karen Solis!



















1 comment:

  1. Leigh- Your students did a great job! Looks like they had fun, too! :)

    ReplyDelete